Spin Off Youth Policy
To ensure a proper level of security and safety for all attending Spin Off 2018, particularly those who are under 18, we have a Youth Policy in place which forms part of our Conditions of Entry for the event. This policy is in line with several other events around the country.
- All minors, regardless of age, must hold a valid ticket to the event.
- ID is required for ALL patrons attending the event. For minors who don’t have a driver's license, learner's permit or a current, valid passport, we will also accept a student ID card but only if it has your date of birth on it.
For 16+ patrons
- Minors aged 16 and older may attend the event unsupervised.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must not engage in any illegal or disruptive activities whilst on site. This includes underage drinking, use of illicit substances or any generally disruptive behaviour.
- It is a good idea to attend the event with a good group friends. You should also set up meeting points when you arrive at the event and, most importantly, look after each other. Make sure that everyone you arrive with leaves the event safely.
For patrons 15 years and younger
- All minors aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a ‘responsible adult’ at the Entry gates (or they may be refused entry) and accompanied by that responsible adult at all times whilst at the festival.
- A ‘responsible adult’ should ideally be a parent or legal guardian, however siblings, family members or close family friends over the age of 18 may also accompany minors.
- All responsible adults need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Accompany a maximum of 3 patrons aged 15 and under
- Ensure that all youth patrons under their supervision comply with instructions issued by festival staff.
- Follow any instructions contained in all permanent and temporary signage throughout the festival.
- Ensure the youth patrons under your supervision are safe and sober at all times. Festival staff will do everything they can to keep all patrons safe, and the sale of alcohol will be restricted and closely monitored, but any extra help from responsible adults is greatly appreciated.
- Any breach of these conditions may result in the eviction of the parent/guardian and all accompanying minors from the festival site.
- If you are an adult planning to accompany any minors at Spin Off, please ask yourself the following questions if relevant to you:
1) Can I moderate my alcohol intake so that I can responsibly take care of any minors in my care?
2) Can I still enjoy Spin Off with my minors in tow?
- If you’ve answered ‘no’ to either question you might need to re-think whether you are the right person to be accompanying minors around the Spin Off festival.
- Responsible adults with minors in their care should note that they will not be able to enter bars or licensed areas on site with the minors in their company.
- Anyone who is considering being the nominated adult in such circumstances should consider this responsibility very carefully.