Conditions of entry
- Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
- The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
- There are no pass outs at Spin Off 2019.
- Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Professional still cameras (such as SLR, DSLR and similar cameras), professional video cameras (including Go-Pros and similar), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted at Spin Off without written authority from the Promoters. Please respect the privacy of all other patrons, artists and service providers at Spin Off when using your camera or mobile phone.
- As members of the audience, ticket-holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live video recordings that can be used by the promoter or promoter approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
- No BYO alcohol, soft drinks, juice, milk, energy drinks, flavoured water or sports water is permitted at Spin Off.
- No illicit drugs are permitted at Spin Off.
- No glass, knives, weapons, lasers, fireworks, umbrellas, prams, bulky items (such as eskies and folding chairs) or animals are permitted at Spin Off.
- All persons, bags and containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons. Prohibited items will be confiscated (and only returned at Promoters discretion) except for illegal drugs, which will be handed over to police.
- A sealed plastic water bottle or an empty plastic water bottle is permitted.
- Food is permitted. Must be checked on arrival.
- Lost property will be held as a courtesy for two weeks (post-event) only. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property lost at Spin Off 2019.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to any patron without appropriate identification. The only forms of valid photo ID that will be accepted are a current Australian driver’s licence, a current passport or a current state issued proof of age card. Please note that international driver’s licences are not valid forms of identification at Spin Off.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons agree not to behave in a manner that interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons. Promoters and Security reserve the right to eject any person contravening this.
- DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, please follow all official directives.
- The Promoters or the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up and/or the date of the event without prior notification. In the event of a change of the date or lineup, refunds will not be available.
- Spin Off 2019 plays rain or shine.
- All conditions shown on the ticket are to be read together with all other statements or directives either shown on this ticket or displayed on the premises.
- Should the ticket be re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain it will become void and the holder may be refused entry to, or ejected from the venue.
- No refunds or exchanges except as in the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice.
- Event Ticket holders aged 15 and under MUST be accompanied by a responsible parent and/or adult guardian holding a valid Event ticket when entering the Event and at all times whilst at the Event. We strongly recommend this adult guardian is aged 25 years or older.
To ensure a proper level of security and safety for all attending Spin Off 2019, particularly those who are under 18, we have a Youth Policy in place which forms part of our Conditions of Entry for the event. This policy is in line with several other events around the country.
- All minors, regardless of age, must hold a valid ticket to the event.
- ID is required for ALL patrons attending the event. For minors who don’t have a driver’s license, learner’s permit or a current, valid passport, we will also accept a student ID card but only if it has your name and date of birth on it.
For 16+ patrons
- Minors aged 16 and older may attend the event unsupervised.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must not engage in any illegal or disruptive activities whilst on site. This includes underage drinking, use of illicit substances or any generally disruptive behaviour.
- It is a good idea to attend the event with a good group friends. You should also set up meeting points when you arrive at the event and, most importantly, look after each other. Make sure that everyone you arrive with leaves the event safely.
For patrons 15 years and younger
- All minors aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a ‘responsible adult’ at the Entry gates (or they may be refused entry) and accompanied by that responsible adult at all times whilst at the festival.
- A ‘responsible adult’ should ideally be a parent or legal guardian, however siblings, family members or close family friends over the age of 18 may also accompany minors.
- All responsible adults need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Accompany a maximum of 3 patrons aged 15 and under
- Ensure that all youth patrons under their supervision comply with instructions issued by festival staff.
- Follow any instructions contained in all permanent and temporary signage throughout the festival.
- Ensure the youth patrons under your supervision are safe and sober at all times. Festival staff will do everything they can to keep all patrons safe, and the sale of alcohol will be restricted and closely monitored, but any extra help from responsible adults is greatly appreciated.
- Any breach of these conditions may result in the eviction of the parent/guardian and all accompanying minors from the festival site.
- If you are an adult planning to accompany any minors at Spin Off, please ask yourself the following questions if relevant to you:
- Can I moderate my alcohol intake so that I can responsibly take care of any minors in my care?
- Can I still enjoy Spin Off with my minors in tow?
- If you’ve answered ‘no’ to either question you might need to re-think whether you are the right person to be accompanying minors around the Spin Off festival.
- Responsible adults with minors in their care should note that they will not be able to enter bars or licensed areas on site with the minors in their company.
- Anyone who is considering being the nominated adult in such circumstances should consider this responsibility very carefully.
Spin Off Festival Prize Pool Giveaway 2019 T&C’s
Promotion and Promoter Information
- These terms and conditions govern the Spin Off Festival Prize Pool Giveaway 2019 (“the Promotion”).
- The Promotion is being run by Five Four Entertainment Pty Ltd ABN 97 143 782 923 (“the Promoter”).
- The Promoter’s business address is 194A Wright Street ADELAIDE 5000 SA.
- The Promotion commences on August 14th 2019 at 9:00am AEDT and ends on August 30th 2019 at 11:59pm AEDT (‘the Promotion Period’).
- Entry to the Promotion is open to Eligible Entrants.
- An Eligible Entrant is anyone who;
- attended Spin Off Festival 2019; and
- completed a valid set of responses to the Spin Off Festival 2019 Survey within the Promotion Period; and
- submitted a valid answer to the question posed in the Spin Off Prize Pool Giveaway section of the survey (see clause 4.2) within the Promotion Period; and
- fulfils all other criteria of entry under these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees of the Promoter, immediate family members of employees and employees of any company associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prizes on offer form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must answer the below at the end of the Spin Off Festival 2019 Survey:
- “Tell us in 25 words or less who or what you would most love to see or experience at Spin Off Festival 2020?”
- Eligible Entrants must include their full name, email address, suburb, State and contact phone number.
- Any Eligible Entrant who is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify their consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release may also require the entrant’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The release must be completed with the full name, address and telephone number of the entrant’s parent or guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant’s entitlement to any prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
- Only one entry per email address may be submitted. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- The Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be judged based upon creative merit. The judges will determine the creative merit of the winning entries with reference to the originality, relevance, context, humour, impact and style of the eligible entries.
- All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
Prizes and Winning
- The total prize pool value is $2525.00
- Each eligible entrant can only win one (1) Prize per eligible entry.
- The Prizes on offer are:
- One (1) Eligible Entrant will win The First Prize which is one (1) x Double VIP Pass to Spin Off Festival 2020, plus flights, airport transfers & accommodation in Adelaide for two (2) people for one (1) night valued at $1830.00
- Two (2) Eligible Entrants will win the Runner-Up Prizes which are two (2) x Double VIP Passes to Spin Off Festival 2020 valued at $280.00 per double pass.
- Ten (10) Eligible Entrants will win The Additional Prizes which are ten (10) x Spin Off Festival 2019 Merch Packs valued at $135.00 per pack.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the rights in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to State laws and regulations.
- All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the office of the Promoter. Unless otherwise notified the Promoter may use the entries and details of entrants for promotional and publicity purposes. Entrants consent to their names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter.
- The Promoter and their associated companies will not be held liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense or injury directly or indirectly incurred or sustained as a result of the Winner accepting or taking part in any aspect of the Prize.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The Prizes will not be deemed to automatically include any item not explicitly listed in clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions.
Prize Winners & Notification
- The Prize Winners will be judged by a panel of judges at the Promoter’s offices on Monday 9th September 2019 at or before 11:00am AEST.
- The Prize Winners will be notified by email by Monday 9th September 2019 at or after 11:00am AEST.
- The Prize Winners’ first names, first initial of their surnames and residential suburb will be published on Spin Off Festival’s social media channels at or after 12:00 noon on the same date as the email notifications are sent out.
- Any prize that remains unclaimed ten (10) business days after the Promoter notifies the Prize Winners pursuant to clause 8 will be re-judged and a new Prize Winner will be notified by email at or after 12:00 noon AEST on the date of the re-judgment.
- A re-judgment of a Prize will be the final judgment of that Prize.
- Any person that did not claim their prize before their prize was re-judged has no right to claim that Prize; has no recourse to the Promoter and has no recourse to the new winner of that Prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.